Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh, what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day….

So how is everybody? Honestly, I have to say that I'm just glad that this school week is over! Wow, life has been crazy busy lately…

I think my favorite Bible verse of all time has to be Psalm 118:24. I don't know if it's just the fact that I've heard it so many times, sang so many nursery songs about it, or what, but it always lightens my days and brings me peace, comfort, and joy.

"For this is the day that the Lord God has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

Psalm 118:24

I think it's really a perspective thing. Sometimes we so caught up in our daily lives, we can forget about the real reasons we are here: To praise God, discover God, and build up his Holy Kingdom here on Earth. It's a verse I have posted on every wall in my room. When I get up in the morning (at 5:45 am- and I'm not really a morning person!), I sometimes think that there are about a million other things I'd rather be doing right now then getting up at an unearthly hour to get on a bus, to go to a school, to go to lacrosse or piano or dance class or something like that (which I really enjoy, it can just be stressful sometimes) to come home and do hours of homework. But I have to remember the blessings I have. Jesus Christ, my Lord, my Savior, and my King, blessed me with this day, these opportunities, these things. I have the blessing of living in a country where I can get an education. I have the blessing of living in a country where I can do fun things like sports, dance, and music. I've been blessed with a day, an opportunity, a life. So count every day as a blessing. There's song by the band Superchick called "We Live". It's really about embracing every day for the blessing from God that it is, and making the most of life. There's a verse in there that I'm remembering right now that says,

Waking up to another dark morning
People are mourning
The weather in life outside is storming
But what would it take for the clouds to break
For us to realize each day
Is a gift somehow, someway

We live, we love, we forgive and never give up
Cause the days we are given are gifts from above
And today we remember to live and to love
We live, we love, we forgive and never give up
Cause the days we are given are gifts from above
And today we remember to live and to love 

So remember, every day that we have, every day that we are blessed with is a gift from God. We can embrace it and use it to build up His Holy Kingdom.

With something to think about…. May God Bless You!

Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!