Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Well, there's not much to say....

So how's everybody doing? Sorry I haven't posted in a while... life is just so crazy and busy! I really don't have too much to say today, but I feel bad not posting in a while.
Life's going pretty good right now. Our lacrosse team won our first game in two years yesterday in double overtime, so that was pretty exciting. I managed to sprain my ankle pretty bad on Tuesday (at dance class, none the less, so I don't even have a good story!), so I've been hobbling around the house and school with an ankle brace and crutches this week, which is not too much fun, I must say. You know how you were always jealous of those kids who broke their arms and legs and stuff in like third grade? ( maybe that was just me....) Well, I'm not jealous anymore. I think my arms and back may just be more sore than my ankle from the crutches. The weather has been amazing here lately, so I've been loving the time outside. Except, of course, when our band class went outside and I got to try to walk half a mile to the park and then half a mile back in crutches yesterday, that wasn't exactly fun with all the hills and all. I'm hoping to be all better next week!
Well, as I'm sitting here musing on anything exciting from my life to talk about, I just thought of something. I'm publishing on March 20, and I have no clue what I'm doing for my show! I was planning on having an interview with Popple to share with everybody, but technology failed me. I was enjoying some chicken noodle soup at about 11:30 on the day of the interview, checked my email at 11:45, went upstairs to get everything set up at 12:00, and our internet was down. I was planning on using skype for the interview, so I couldn't connect. I restarted the computer like four times, restarted the router like six times, restarted the motum (whatever that is, I still don't know?), called tech support and talked to the lady on the phone, called my dad who was very helpful but still couldn't fix anything, practically restarted the entire electrical system for our entire lovely household, and nothing worked. So at this point, I'm thinking "Great. I've planned this interview for a month with like my favorite band in the whole world, and then my computer decides to crash and burn. Lovely." But, you know, it all worked out, and we've rescheduled. But the point of this paragraph is basically to ask for show ideas for next show, because I'm sort of not sure what to do....

I found a "Catholic Blogger Profile" thing on the internet when doing research on blogs a long time ago, and never actually did it, so here it goes... (some of these questions are pretty random)

Your Name: Avery
Your Age: 13, but soon to be 14! Only like one month to go!
Favorite Sacrament: Holy Eucharist
Favorite Season: Of the Church or of weather? I'm guessing it means weather, so summer. Without a doubt. No question in my mind. Whatsoever.
Favorite Church you've been to: Last year in Italy, my family went to the church of St. Francis in Assisi. It was truly breathtaking.
Favorite book of the Bible: I don't really have a favorite because they're all great, but I really do love the Book of Job. I think its the first book I really read seriously from the Bible, so it has some special meaning to me.
Favorite food: Something with pasta in it, or fruit.
What I'm wearing right now: What does this have to do with blogging?? But anyway, dark washed boot cut jeans, a bright purple shirt with some ethnic looking design on it, my cross necklace, dangling flowery earrings which my cat is currently obsessed with trying to eat, one white ballet flat, and an ankle brace.
Favorite color: It changes every day. Right now? Probably a bright sunny orange.
Favorite movie/TV show: For movie, anything Disney. TV show, without a doubt that would be Psych! (Although the season finale was kind of creepy...)
Something you're looking forward to: About a million different things.... Friday, my lacrosse game, the weekend, summer break, vacation, the CNMC in Boston this summer, Catholic Heart Work Camp, camping out in the backyard this summer, my birthday, Confirmation, dance recital, the list goes on....
Favorite prayer:
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.


Well, that's about it for today, I don't really have any great reflection or anything for today, but that's just what's going on in my world.


Have a great week!

Blessings,

Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!